EMDR Therapy in London: Healing Through Transformation
Kove offers EMDR Therapy. EMDR can help relieve the fear, shame, loss of control, and other emotions that result from trauma. Your traumatic memories become integrated with a positive sense of self, so they no longer cause you distress.
During EMDR treatment, you’ll revisit traumatic memories while your conscious mind is occupied with bilateral stimulation – a visual, auditory or tactile stimulus that crosses the body in a rhythmic left to right pattern.
Understanding EMDR Therapy
EMDR stands for Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing, and it’s a therapeutic technique designed to alleviate the distress associated with traumatic memories.
EMDR Therapy at Kove
How Does EMDR Therapy Work?
At its core, EMDR Therapy in London is about processing distressing memories and transforming them into manageable narratives. During a session, a trained therapist guides the patient through a series of bilateral stimulation, often involving eye movements or tactile sensations. This process enables the brain to reprocess traumatic memories, making them less emotionally charged.
The Benefits of EMDR Therapy
- Healing Trauma: EMDR Therapy in London is renowned for its ability to help individuals heal from traumatic experiences, allowing them to regain control over their lives.
- Reducing Anxiety: Those grappling with anxiety disorders find solace in EMDR, as it diminishes the grip of anxious thoughts and emotions.
- Alleviating Depression: EMDR can be a beacon of hope for those dealing with depression, as it addresses the underlying causes of depressive feelings.
- Enhancing Emotional Resilience: It equips individuals with the tools to face life’s challenges with greater emotional resilience.
- Boosting Self-Esteem: EMDR fosters a sense of self-worth and self-compassion, bolstering one’s self-esteem.
What to Expect During an EMDR Session
An EMDR session typically consists of several phases:
- History Taking: The therapist gathers information about the client’s history and identifies target memories to work on.
- Desensitization: The client revisits traumatic memories while engaging in bilateral stimulation, allowing for emotional desensitization.
- Installation: Positive beliefs and emotions are instilled to replace negative ones associated with the trauma.
- Body Scan: The client assesses any residual tension or discomfort in the body.
- Closure: The therapist ensures the client is grounded and emotionally stable before concluding the session.
FAQs About EMDR Therapy in London
How long does an EMDR therapy typically last?
EMDR sessions usually range from 60 to 90 minutes, depending on the client’s needs.
Are the effects of EMDR long-lasting?
Yes, many individuals experience long-lasting relief from their symptoms after completing EMDR therapy.
Can Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing EMDR be combined with other forms of therapy?
EMDR can be used alongside other therapies, depending on the client’s specific needs and preferences.
Is EMDR Therapy London suitable for children?
Yes, EMDR can be adapted for children and adolescents, offering a gentle and effective approach to trauma healing.
How many EMDR sessions are usually required?
The number of sessions varies from person to person, but significant progress can often be observed in just a few sessions.
Are the therapists offering EMDR in London certified?
Yes, our therapists in London who provide EMDR are certified and experienced in this specialised form of therapy.
How much does EMDR cost UK?
At Kove prices start from £150 (Clinic Director) / £100 (Associate)
“I am so very grateful to Jordan, I do not know how I would have navigated this past year but for his kindness and professionalism. I believe that the work and lessons taken with Jordan will help me for years to come.”
EMDR Therapy in London Testimonial
EMDR Therapy in London
Discuss EMDR Therapy in London
At Kove, we have highly-experienced Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing therapy specialists. Through this cutting-edge therapy, our clients learn how to let go of mental barriers and take committed action.
Above all, it enables them to live a more effective, purposeful life. To find out more about whether this method of therapy could be right for you, we also provide EMDR therapy in London online to find out more contact us today.
Book a Consultation
Book into our clinic diary to receive a call from a senior member of our team. Jenna can discuss children and neurodevelopment, Jordan can discuss therapy in adults and adolescents. We’ll discuss your difficulties in depth and make some tailored recommendations.
At the end of our call you can book in to the next stages with us, or take our advice away for further consideration.